If you are having difficulties with Dolby Digital+ and have an ARC only TV,
please use Firmware Revision 1.28
SoundSend Firmware Update Instructions
- Extract the bin file from the .zip or .rar archive file to your laptop/desktop computer.
NOTE: You must extract the file from the archive (compressed file). Viewing the file and trying to drag and drop from an archive viewer will not work.
- Create a folder where you want the firmware update file to reside, or just leave it in your Downloads folder. If you create a new folder, name the folder with the firmware file revision number, such as 1.20, for example
- If you did create a new folder, move the .zip file containing the firmware update to the new folder, and then open that folder.
- Double-click the .zip file to extract the firmware update file “SSMCU.bin” to the current folder along with brief release notes.
- Right-click on the .zip file and select Extract All to extract the firmware update file “SSMCU.bin” to the current folder, along with brief release notes.
- Plugin the micro end of the SoundSend power cable to SoundSend.
- Press and hold the button on the top of SoundSend while you plug USB A end of the cable into your laptop/desktop.
- Release button after 3 seconds. The LED will be flashing Red.
- A Windows/Mac drive/file folder --may-- automatically open on your screen. If it does not, open File Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac) and double-click to open the "SoundSend" drive in a new folder.
- Drag SSMCU.bin to the SoundSend folder. SoundSend automatically starts the update process.
- The process is complete when SoundSend’s flashing Red LED starts flashing White.
--Be patient: MCU update can take up to 1 minute to complete, starting from the file drag/drop!--
NOTE: If the LED remains Red after the update, unplug SoundSend from the laptop/desktop and repeat the update process. This update failure is not catastrophic, but it does happen on occasion and usually works with a second try.
- Unplug the USB A end of the SoundSend power cable.
- Reattach SoundSend to its power supply and to the TV.
- Enjoy your audio experience.
For answers to questions in regards to SoundSend Basic Functionality (i.e. "What does it mean when White/Light Green light flashes?") Please review our SoundSend Basics Article